Thursday, August 27, 2009

Scooters and Other Two -Wheeled Fare

I've grown up around motorcycles most of my life. But now, our lives revolve around our young daughter. That's probably one of the reasons I got into Airstreams. Camping is a little more family-friendly than motorcycling.





It's funny how life can take a turn when you least expect it. Just when I was getting ready to enjoy my first big riding season on my VFR, I was presented with an opportunity to purchase a 1957 Nash Metropolitan, a car I have wanted to own for a long time. The only way to get the car was to sell the bike. So, that's what I did. I was sad to see it go, but my '57 Met makes me happy wherever I go. Ironically, my Metropolitan has exactly twice the displacement of the VFR and exactly half the horsepower. It's just a different kind of fun. Here are some pictures of my VFR just before I sold it.



You can really see the cosmetic improvements I made since the pictures above were taken.


I polished the factory pipe. It gives it a nice aftermarket look without the elevated noise level.


I did a lot of work to bring back the luster of the plastics. I think the bike was really starting to come together.















I'm really fond of the yellow on the 2000 Honda VFR
This is a Honda concept bike called the "New American Sports". Now, if they would just make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment